For the first time in forever I actually have a Valentine for this sometimes controversial yet love filled day. Some people think Valentine’s Day is just a day created by Hallmark, and others go all out for the ones they love. I’m somewhere in the middle. For Valentine’s Day my boyfriend and I decided to just get each other candy and a card. Easy, simple, and classic. But of course I had to look at all the awesome DIY projects on Pinterest; here are some of my favorites! Maybe I’ll even try some out!
DIY pocket hand warmers – perfect for the colder weeks ahead!
You will need:
- sewing needle
- fragrance (optional)
- Cut out a heart twice, this will be the front and back of the hand warmer.
- Stitch along the edges with your needle and thread, leaving a small hole to fill with rice.
- At this point you can fill the warmer with as much (or as little) rice as you like, and add fragrance. This can be something like peppermint extract (in my kitchen) or perfume.
- Finish stitching and tie off.
To use the hand warmer can be warmed for 30 seconds in the microwave, and then put immediately into a coat pocket. These are perfect for all the loved ones in your life! For more Valentine’s DIY’s check out The Peaceful Mom on Pinterest!
2. DIY Beer Bottles
- Whatever amount of beer you’d love to give (6 pack being the easiest)
- Scrapbooking paper
- Valentine’s Day themed stickers (hearts, lips, cute sayings)
- Cut out label sized pieces of construction paper, you can always trim them up if necessary.
- Decorate as you think appropriate! Either making up little sayings, movie quotes, or just writing I love you on them all. They’ll love them either way, you decorated beer bottles!
- Glue on, and you’re done!
Here are a few cute sayings that a Boston blogger came up with!
3. DIY Sugar Cookie Foot Scrub
This is a great gift for the winter time! Everyone is having dry skin issues due to the cold weather, and a nice foot scrub is the perfect DIY gift. Might not be best for the guys, but they can always make this for you! This is the perfect gift for your girlfriends, mom, or even for yourself after a long day.
- 2/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 half pint mason jar
- In a medium sized bowl, combine your brown sugar and white sugar. Whisk them together until they are completely combined.
- Add in your olive oil and vanilla extract and mash together with a fork until all of the oil is combined into the sugar mixture.
- Pack the mixture down into your mason jar.
- To finish, you can add a nice ribbon and stick a label to the jar. Now, it is ready for gifting or for your own use!
Make sure to visit Gina for some more DIYs and fun recipes!
Hope you enjoyed these Valentine’s Day DIYs! Do you guys have any DIYs you think TwentyTweets should try?! Let us know on Facebook and Twitter @20sTweets! Enjoy your Valentine’s Day!