Like most women, I LOVE getting all dolled up. Whether it’s for a special occasion or a casual Friday night, playing with different makeup looks is one of my favorite pastimes recently–especially since I started working part-time at Bare Minerals. With this being said, I am more of a low-maintenance girl at heart. On the days when I’m not working or can pull off a fresh face with no makeup, it does take a little bit of effort to feel completely comfortable. I know there must be other women who feel the same way, so I decided to share my go-to low-maintenance beauty essentials. Don’t worry–you’ll only need about five minutes to incorporate these products into YOUR everyday routine.
- First thing’s first, you absolutely have to start with a clean palette. When I’m in the shower or need a quick cleanse any time of the day, I live by Philosophy’s Purity Made Simple. It’s a gentle, all-purpose facial cleanser that will remove any excess dirt, oil, makeup, and everything in between. It works wonders without leaving your skin feeling overworked or dried out. I use the 16oz bottle ($35) usually twice per day and it lasts me about three months.
- Now it’s time for the fun stuff. Once my face is squeaky clean, this next step is my personal favorite. Used both day and night on freshly washed skin, Bare Minerals’ Biolucent Mineral Brightening Treatment is basically a miracle worker in a bottle. Since it’s a serum, make sure you use it before your moisturizer or at the beginning of your post-cleansing facial routine. This treatment will help even out your skin tone, diminish dark spots or discoloration, and will provide you with an all-over brightness–like you’re glowing from within! You will see maximum results after about four weeks but you will notice changes almost immediately after your first use. At $55 a bottle, it might be a little over a twenty-something’s budget, but it’s definitely worth the splurge. A little goes a long way so it should last you at least two months. (And don’t worry–I’m definitely not biased just because I work for Bare. I would firmly stand behind this product either way! 🙂 )
- Now that my skin is glowing and ready for a little hydration, it’s time to massage in my favorite daily moisturizer. Philosophy won my heart again on this one. Their Take a Deep Breath Moisturizer, $35, might seem like another bank-breaker but it’s totally worth the extra cash. It comes in two styles–one with and one without SPF 30. I’m a firm believer in staying young-looking for as long as possible, so I always stick with the SPF version. The formula is oil-free which is perfect for my combination to oily skin, and as its name states, it literally helps your skin breathe. It diffuses energizing oxygen to detoxify skin and support cell respiration, while a blend of antioxidants fight the signs of stress. Now that’s my kind of moisturizer!
- Since I color my hair, I try not to wash it every day. Actually–don’t judge– I typically only reach for the shampoo while I’m in the shower twice a week. Judge if you will, but there are soooo many perks–think: shower time is cut in half, money is saved on shampoo/conditioner, your hair is able to produce natural oils it needs to look amazing– and if your hair can pull it off, I am a huge advocate! Anyways, for the times when I do decide to wash my hair, my post shower regimen absolutely has to include my favorite hair product, It’s A 10 Miracle Leave-In Plus Keratin. Since I wrote a whole post devoted to this must-have, I will let you indulge yourself in all of its miraculous glory.
- Don’t worry, I didn’t forget about my body! The hands-down-most-amazing-and delectable body moisturizer HAS to be Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula. It’s cheap. It’s creamy. It smells like chocolate. It gets the job done. I’ve noticed such a difference since I started using it this winter. Usually my legs turn into these ashy and disgusting things that I would never reveal until probably mid-to-late Spring. But now, they’re fully hydrated all the time. Pro tip: moisturize right after you get out of the shower. I usually do my facial routine then head down to the rest of my body so I don’t get anything extra on my face (yeah, I’m paranoid). Target, or any drug store, should carry this lotion and it’s usually under $5. Invest now–your body will thank you!
Although I may not be totally “fresh-faced” or product-free, it never hurts to incorporate a little something to help your natural beauty shine through. I’m all about exemplifying what I have–instead of changing it–and these items help me do just that.
What are your bare minimum beauty essentials? Share with me in the comments below or @20sTweet!