Last night, I hosted a little Christmas get together with some of my closest girlfriends. After a few drinks, a lot of food, some gossiping, and a Secret Santa gift exchange, I think it’s safe to say that we all had a fun “girls’ night in.” I tried out a holiday drink recipe for the first time and it was a hit! Poinsettia Punch is just the right amount of tart fruit and sweet juices… plus rum and sparkling wine!
- One quart of pomegranate juice
- Two cups of fresh orange juice
- Two cups of chilled limeade
- Approx. 6 shots of white rum (or more, if you like your drinks strong ;))
- One teaspoon of sugar
- One 750-milliliter bottle of Prosecco (sparkling wine)
- Approx. one cup of pomegranate seeds to garnish
- Orange and lime slices to garnish
In a punch bowl, combine the pomegranate juice, orange juice, limeade, sugar, and rum. Pour in the Prosecco; float pomegranate seeds, lime and orange slices on top. Serve in ice-filled glasses, and enjoy! Makes approximately 12 cups.
Happy holidays! Share your favorite drink recipes with us below or @20sTweet!