I’m obsessed with Pinterest. If I could make a living by making and baking things off of Pinterest, I’d do so willingly. As I was roaming around different recipes one day, I stumbled upon an oatmeal bake that I decided to make. It’s easy to make and extremely worth it. The original recipe is called gluten-free oatmeal casserole and can be found here. As you can see, I substituted some of the ingredients (like some of the fruit) with what I had on hand. It was delicious!
- 2 cups Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1 cup strawberries
- ½ cup of yogurt covered cranberries
- 2 cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a 10-1/2 by 7 inch baking pan with Pam.
- In a bowl mix together Quaker Old Fashioned Oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, half of the walnuts, half the strawberries, and half the yogurt covered cranberries.
- Add the oat mixture to the pan.
- In another bowl whisk milk, egg, butter and vanilla extract and pour into the pan.
- Add the left over walnuts, strawberries, and yogurt covered cranberries.
- Slice the banana and add banana slices to the top of the oatmeal mix.
- Shake the baking pan gently so the milk mixture goes through the oats.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes.
You can enjoy this dish hot or cold!
What other Pinterest-inspired recipes have you tried? Share your faves with us @20sTweet!