If you haven’t noticed, we’re slowly transitioning to all things fall here on TwentyTweets. What could possibly be so great about the end of yet another summer and the inevitably cold weather that’s on its way? Here are just a few things:
- Fall fashion. It’s back! And it’s not quite winter, so you don’t have to put away all of your summer clothes just yet.
- TV. Say goodbye to summer re-runs and mini series, because your nightly lineup is about to be filled with all your favorite shows again.
- Football. And maybe even your Fantasy Football league! If you’re still in college, this also means tailgates. And if you’re not in it for the games, and least there’s always some great beer and food. Bringing us to our two next great things…
- Food. And not just football-watching food. We’re talking apple recipes, homemade soups, caramel apples, kettle corn, pumpkin pie, and even — wait for it — Halloween candy!
- Delicious beverages. You have your harvest brews and pumpkin beers, plus the Pumpkin Spice Lattes and Salted Caramel Mochas. Not into beer or coffee? You can still grab some hot apple cider for those crisp, fall nights.
- Do-It-Yourself. Is it just me, or did DIYs become so much more fun post-grad? In college, I know that I personally would have never had the time to channel my inner Martha Stewart. But now, if you find yourself browsing some home & garden boards on Pinterest, have no fear, because you’re not alone.
- Fall activities. Day or night, there’s plenty of things to do. Bonfires, hayrides, corn mazes, apple picking, pumpkin picking, pumpkin carving, decorating, brewery tours, and outdoor festivals (such as Oktoberfest).
- Blankets. And cuddling. Need we say more?
And last but not least, Halloween. Just because you’re not in college anymore doesn’t mean you can’t dress up, get drunk, and have some fun. Lots of bars have costume parties, and some even give away prizes perfect for post-grads (The bar I was at last year gave away an all-expense paid trip for two. Hello?? Free vacation, anyone?)
What’s your favorite thing about fall? Share it below or @20sTweet!