Watching the sun set from your office window isn’t exactly ideal, especially during the last few weeks of summer. There’s probably about a million different things you’d rather do than slave away at your desk or cubicle. However, in light of Brittni’s optimistic post, I thought I’d try to come up with at least a few good things about working late. We can put a positive spin on just about anything, right?
- Staying later than your boss always looks good.
- If you’re paid by the hour, you’re racking up some overtime.
- If you’re not paid by the hour, well, at least it looks good.
- You can raid the office’s kitchen without having anyone there to notice.
- You can snack away at your desk without having anyone there to judge.
- Find a new Pandora station and crank it up! Again, because there’s no one there to care.
- You meet the cleaning crew – it’s always nice to thank those who work in and around your work space.
- It’s a test of just how long your mind and body can be productive on purely caffeine.
- Skipping meals is an easy way to diet. (KIDDING! You should find something to eat for dinner – refer back to #4 for my suggestion.)
- You’ve made less work for yourself tomorrow – maybe then you won’t have to stay so late!
Can you think of any others? Sound off below!