Summertime means cook-outs and parties galore, and who are we to complain? All that great food and great friends equals a fabulous time. The hardest part about a BBQ (besides deciding what to wear of course) is deciding what to bring. Here’s an easy recipe that’s sure to be a hit.
I found the recipe a few years ago from a “Common Sense Cooking” website.
- 2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Lime Juice
- 1/2 cup of Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup of Corn, drained
- 1/2 cup of Red and Green Peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup of chopped Tomato
- 1/4 cup of chopped Red Onion
1. Mix together the beans and vegetables
2. Add Olive Oil and Lime Juice
3. (Optional) Spices for taste: cumin, chili pepper, salt, pepper or fresh parsley (I usually don’t add these. The only extra thing I’ll add is a little more lime juice.)
If you’re making this dish for a large party I would recommend doubling the recipe. It’s super easy to make (you don’t even have to turn on your oven), and great for twenty-somethings on a budget. All of the ingredients for this recipe can be purchased for less than $10!
Want more? There are other great Corn and Black Bean Salads out there include this one from Rachael Ray!