In honor of TwentyTweets contributor Taylor turning 21 today (HAPPY BIRTHDAY :)), I thought I’d throw together a list of drinks that she must try now that she’s legal. She may or may not have had some of these before… But now that she can officially get into bars and start to enjoy some of the finer drinks of choice… Let’s help her out. Comment below to add your fave (or one-time MUST) to this list!
Shots at the bar:
- Irish Car Bomb. (Bailey’s and Jameson Whiskey, dropped in a pint of Guinness)
- Red Headed Slut. (Jagermeister, Peach Schnapps, and a splash Cranberry)
- Kamikaze Shot. (Tequila, Triple Sec, and Lime Juice)
Mixed drinks at the bar:
- Jameson and Ginger Ale.
- Stoli Raspberry, Lime, and Cranberry Juice.
- 007. (Orange Vodka, 7-Up, and Orange Juice)
Helpful hint: Be brand specific. The bottom shelf, cheap liquors are just that — disgusting. It’s usually worth it to specify the brand (like ordering Jameson instead of just Whiskey).
- Mojito. (White Rum, Lime Juice, Sparkling Water, Fresh Mint, and Sugar)
- Tequila Sunrise. (Tequila, Orange Juice, and Grenadine Syrup)
- White Russian. (Vodka, Kahlua, and Cream)
Wine nights at home:
I hate to admit this, but the older you get, the more common these nights become.
- Moscato. (A sweet, white wine. Check out Jenna’s review here).
- Chardonnay. (White)
- Pinot Noir. (Red)
And of course, Brittni wouldn’t let me finish this post without mentioning her preferred, type of alcoholic beverage: Beer. There are so many different types of beer out there — light beers, lagers, seasonals, Platinum. Explore!
Happy Birthday, Taylor! Now go out there and officially celebrate. 🙂
TwentyTweeters, chime in! What are your favorite drinks?