I specifically saved this piece for a moment when I could be completely engulfed in the topic at hand. I felt that I had to be one with the hangover to feel appropriate enough to write about it. Call it investigative journalism…or just another reason to party. Regardless of what you say, this will probably be one of the most important posts you will ever read on a Sunday on TwentyTweets.
With yesterday being Cinco de Mayo, it dubs today one of the most hungover days of the year. All of the fun you had yesterday is coming back to bite you today. So take off your sombreros, throw away those empty Corona bottles, and delete those gross pictures you uploaded onto Instagram last night. Now it’s time for us to reveal the top ways to cure that pesky hangover, with almost all of them sent in by our readers.
So how/where do you cure your hangover? Facebookers, Tweeters, and even our Contributors said…
STAY IN BED (with some extras)
- Holly D. from Smithfield, RI says: “My bed…seriously when I’m hungover all I want is water, and to sleep all day.”
- Mandi from Smithfield, RI says: “Two ibuprofen and a 32 oz LIGHT blue Gatorade … and bed!“
- @ROUKsimpson from Providence, RI says: “Vitamin water revive… preferably with a female beside me.“
- Contributor Katy says: “No doubt in my mind it’s ginger ale and bitters! Just put a few drops in your ginger ale and BAM- your stomach feels better… along with two ibuprofen, a bed of blankets and pillows, watching movies.“
- Co-Founder/Editor Erika says: “My best hangover cure is to take Exedrin Migraine as soon as I wake up with as much water (hopefully an entire bottle) as possible. Fall back asleep, and then the next time I wake up, my head is feeling way better than it was a few hours ago. After that, if my stomach’s upset, chug some Pepto and go get some much needed brunch to soak up the rest of that alcohol!“
FOOD (and maybe more drinks)
- Contributor Kate says: “Gatorade and a bacon, egg and cheese bagel sandwich from my local bagel shop usually does the trick. And of course, mimosas.“
- Allison T. from Smithfield, RI says: “OV’s … love me some scrambled eggs.“
- Ashley B. from East Providence, RI says: “Ocean Mist. Bloodies. Crab bennies.”
- Contributor Jennafyr says: “Patriot Diner in RI is pretty fabulous both while you are drunk and while you are recovering. The food is fantastic and its open 24/7.
Also, coconut water is THE BEST for hydrating right before you crash for the night—hangover prevention! It’s good the morning after too!”
- Nathaniel S. from Coventry says: “I’m currently drinking a beer in my living room to cure my hangover.“
- @BobElBuilder from Providence says: “Slice of toast with peanut butter and a bottle of red Gatorade should do the trick.“
- Colleen from Branchburg, NJ and Rachel F. from Scituate, RI both suggest local diners. Seems like the more grease, the better!
- @TomRod8 from Providence RI says: “Don’t let drinking derail your workout goals. Don’t buy bottles of water: buy gallons. And vitamin water revive; made just for hangovers.“
BE AWESOME (even more than you already are)
- Melissa B. from Warwick, RI suggests Massage Envy. Hungover massages? Sign me up.
- Co-Founder/Editor Jenna says she doesn’t get hangovers. How can this be? Well, she may be one of the smarter drinkers out there (not saying we’re dumb but…), saying that she always keeps herself hydrated by drinking lots of water, even when she’s not drinking. Hangovers are caused by dehydration, so it only makes sense that if you’re constantly hydrating, you should experience fewer hangovers (and maybe none at all). Or you could be the luckiest person in this world, like Jenna, and be naturally hangover-free. So. Jealous.
And what do I say? A combination of all of these choices works. My hangovers always depend on many factors, including how much I ate during the day, how long I drink, what I drink, when I go to sleep/wake up, etc. etc. etc. All I know is if I have an iced coffee and my boy Brady by my side, all hangovers are completely doable!
Did I miss anything?? Let me know how you’re coping @20sTweet.