Recently, I decided that it was time for a major lifestyle change. I wanted to detox my body from all of those harmful chemicals and pesticides that we ingest every single day, and finally found the perfect way…
Welcome to my juicing journey.
What is juicing, you ask? Well, it’s an all-natural, evidence-based practice that’s proven to rejuvenate your body and revitalize your energy. But is it only liquids? After some much needed research, questioning, consulting, and tasting, I found all of the answers that I was looking for. In between the 40 oz of juice per day and the eight glasses of water, I can also eat solid foods. Hallelujah! My cousin (an avid juicer/die-hard health freak) said that with this many ounces of liquids, I will probably only be hungry for one meal a day… So she said to make that my protein.
And so it begins. Follow my weekly posts as I share my personal benefits, negatives, recipes, and over all thoughts on how I’m feeling. Think of this as a science project 🙂 I’ll be posting pictures, side notes, my thoughts, etc… Maybe it will spark some interest in a juicing diet for you as well!
Want to know more? Here’s what completely sold me on the idea:
“TOP TEN REASONS TO JUICE”
- Juicing gives you your daily intake of veggies in just one sitting.
- It’s great for your digestive health – (this also can relieve acid reflux and ulcers).
- JUICING HELPS WITH ALLERGIES! (Hallelujah!)
- Boosts your immune system and helps fight and resist infections.
- Helps reduce blood pressure/high cholesterol.
- High in antioxidants (KNOWN FOR ANTIAGING BENEFITS….)
- High in vitamins/minerals/fiber/protein/fats.
- No artificial sugar.
- Low calorie/boosts energy.
- And last but not least, the obvious part… It’s simple to make, tastes great, and it’s quick for all of you on-the-goers! (How many of us have the time to sit down and make a healthy meal multiple times a day? If you do, come be my personal chef.)
So, um…hello?! Why wouldn’t you want to juice… Join me as I change my diet, and find out what this “juicing diet” is all about. Week one is just about over — and so far — I’m loving it. Here’s a sneak peak of one of my personal faves:
Next week, I’ll share some more of my favorite recipes… Some of which include vegetables AND fruit! Spinach and raspberries? Think sweet, with a sour kick.
Have you ever tried a juicing diet? Share your thoughts and recipes with us below or @20sTweet!