Guilty, as charged. I had every intention of doing a half hour of cardio before the hour-long TBT (Total Body Training) class that’s offered on Thursday nights at my gym. What am I doing instead? A million other things, I swear! Not really. I had some errands to run. Some laundry to do. Stuff that could have easily been done in time, or finished a little later. Which got me thinking… I’m definitely not the ONLY one who can think of a million
good reasons excuses for skipping the gym, right?
Help me out here… Even your residential Health & Fitness Editor needs a little motivation every once in a while. I’ll give it a better shot tomorrow. Promise! But until then, here are the top 10 reasons why twenty-somethings like you and me may have skipped out on going to the gym tonight:
9. It’ll mess up their hair – and they really don’t feel like washing it tonight.
8. They had errands, laundry, bills, and chores to do. (I guess it wouldn’t kill me to clean the bathroom right now, would it?)
7. They worked through lunch and need to get home RIGHT NOW to make some dinner.
5. Their favorite show is on. (Who’s watching Grey’s tonight? It’s new!)
4. They have dinner/drink/happy hour plans with ________ (fill in the blank with any co-worker, friend, or even stranger who invited them).
3. They forgot to charge their iPods. Who seriously works out without some music to drown out the heavy breathing?
1. They’re TOO TIRED – and promise that they’ll go tomorrow.
What’s your excuse? Don’t leave me hanging… No one’s perfect! (Did I just make another?) Share your excuses with us in the comments below or tweet away @20sTweet!