Today is the day!!! I’ve been waiting for this for about a year (or whenever they announced it). The most amazing cinematic experience of my life!
Okay. Can you tell my obsession is
borderline unhealthy? Titanic 3-D comes out today!!!! And for the super-fans like myself: you can go see it in IMAX 3-D.
I have loved everything Titanic since about the third grade. It’s not just Jack and Rose that have led to this love, but the real history of the ill-fated ship as well. The movie came out when I was in 4th grade. I begged my mom and dad to take me to the movie (after all, it was PG-13) and once they finally (skeptically) obliged… I was hooked.
I don’t want to sound too much like a crazy person, so I’ll stop going on and on about how great it is, how much I loved it, blah, blah, blah. Instead, I’ll leave you with some fun facts about the creation of this cinematic experience 🙂
- During the infamous scene where Kate Winslet is lying on the door in the “freezing” cold water, the water is actually around 80 degrees.
- The scene where Kate (Rose) spits in her fiance’s face wasn’t originally in the script… Kate thought to add that herself.
- Director James Cameron drew all of Jack’s (Leo’s) sketches.
- Titanic was filmed in Mexico.
- In the scene where Jack is teaching Kate how to spit, Kate put KY Jelly on her tongue because her mouth was becoming so dry, and she wanted the scene to look dramatic. They shot this scene 27 times!
Will you be watching?