While this recipe may scream “summer” as opposed to the middle of March, I couldn’t resist making these cupcakes for a little wishful thinking.
Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes! They were a huge hit when I brought them into work and everyone kept commenting on how ‘light’ they were. Exactly what you want from a dessert… Sweet, delicious and (seemingly) guilt-less. It’s a light cupcake with a hint of strawberry and lime.
This recipe was modified from this one by Betty Crocker.
3/4 Cup of bottled Strawberry-flavored Margarita Drink Mix
1 box of White Cake Mix
Vegetable Oil and Egg Whites called for on the cake mix box
1 Container of Cool Whip
Berries for Garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Add enough water to drink mix to measure 1 1/4 cups.
3. Mix together cake mix, drink mix, oil and egg whites in a bowl.
5. Bake for time directed on box.
6. Cool. Frost with Cool Whip.
7. (Optional) Garnish with berries.